Happy Easter to all! The staff at Desperate America Report extends their well wishes to everyone and hopes for a safe and enjoyable weekend. As is the usual case with holidays, we have decided to share some facts with the readers here. Some are well-known while others may be entirely new. Either way, enjoy these little eggs of knowledge!
- Easter is a Christian Festival which celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. On the third day after Good Friday, the day of his crucifixion, he rose from the dead.
- Eggs symbolize the new life which arrives in the Spring to nature. Eggs were first traded prior to the existence of Easter. Egyptians and Persians exchanged eggs colored in Spring tones.
- Early Christians used the color Red to decorate their eggs to symbolize the Resurrection.
- The bunny symbolized new life and rebirth to early Egyptians.
- The Easter Bunny is based on a German legend: A woman hid colored eggs for her children to find during a famine. As the children hurried to find the eggs, they saw a large bunny hopping away.